Located AtStaffordshire Record Office
LevelCollection
TitleRecords of Biddulph Urban District Council
Administrative HistoryBiddulph Urban District Council was created in 1894 with the Local Government Act 1894. Its area of jurisdiction consisted of Biddulph. Biddulph Urban District was abolished in 1974 with the Local Government Act of 1974, when it was merged with Cheadle Rural District, Leek Rural and Urban Districts to form Staffordshire Moorlands District Council.

As a public body the functions of Biddulph Urban District Council were; sanitation; public health; town planning; education and housing. These functions were carried out by the following committees; Highways Committee; Sanitary Committee; Water Committee; Finance Committee; New Streets and Buildings Committee; Household Fuel and Lighting Committee; Housing Committee; Valuation Committee; Salvage Committee and Gas Committee.
ArrangementRecords relating to Biddulph Urban District Council are catalogued under the following reference numbers: D1448, D3227, D4627, D4643, D5454, D6235 and D6166.
Date1898-1974
DescriptionThis collection of records includes council minute books, 1898-1959 [lacking 1900-1903] and minutes of committee meetings for various dates. There is a strong section of Treasurer's records, including a series of general ledgers, 1936-1974, and rating valuation lists, c.1934-1965. The Surveyor's section of records is small but contains registers of plans submitted, 1943-1965. There is a good series of Medical Officer's of Health reports, 1907-1972, but these are the only records in this section.
CopyrightAny questions concerning the publication of images of documents in this collection should be directed to the County Archivist, Staffordshire Record Office, Eastgate Street, Stafford ST16 2 LZ.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020