Located AtStaffordshire Record Office
Stoke on Trent City Archives
LevelCollection
Alt Ref NoD3357; D4258; D4524; D5188; D6020; D6140; SD 1004; SD 1142; SD 1321; SD 1377; SD 1504; SD 1611; SD 1781; SD 1868
TitleRecords of North Staffordshire Infirmary, later North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary, and Predecessor Institutions
Date1742-1975
DescriptionThe North Staffordshire Infirmary was first established at Etruria Vale as `The Dispensary and House of Recovery', 1802-1815. Between 1815 and 1869, it was based at Etruria and was known as the North Staffordshire Infirmary. Between 1869 and 1902, the hospital was based in new buildings at Hartshill, where it was known as The North Staffordshire Infirmary and Eye Hospital. In 1925 the name was again changed to the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary.
Access ConditionsMedical records less than 100 years old are not normally accessible for consultation by the public. Please contact Staffordshire Record Office for further information.
CopyrightAny questions concerning the publication of images of documents in this collection should be directed to the County Archivist, Staffordshire Record Office, Eastgate Street, Stafford ST16 2 LZ and the City Archivist, Stoke on Trent City Archives, City Central Library, Bethesda Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, ST1 3RS.
Related Material(See V. C. H., vol. VIII; and `A Concise History of The Rise and Progress of the North Staffordshire Infirmary and Eye Hospital, ref: subpbox C/1).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020