Located AtStaffordshire Record Office
LevelCollection
Alt Ref No5955
TitleMinutes and other records of Stafford Chemical Society
Administrative HistoryThe Stafford Chemical Society was formed in 1942 for the benefit of industrial and analytical chemists in the district. The object was to arrange lectures and works visits, and to encourage new members of the profession. The nearest professional meeting was in Birmingham, and wartime conditions meant it was difficult to travel. The founding member and first chairman was Trevor Evans of The English Electric Co. Ltd. Members of the society were also employed by Evode solvent manufacturers of Stafford.
The society thrived for many years, but declining numbers led to the suspension of the society in 1992, and its eventual closure in 2000.
Date1942-1992
Extent(4 items)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020