Located AtStaffordshire Record Office
LevelCollection
Alt Ref NoD587
TitleBroughton-Adderley Papers
Administrative HistoryDocuments property of Sir E. Delves-Broughton of Doddington, Nantwich
Date1782-1916
DescriptionMiscellaneous papers relating to Delves-Broughton estate incuding deeds, accounts, correspondence and agricultural matters. The properties included Tunstall Hall near Market Drayton and Barlaston Hall. The latter was built in the mid 18th century by Thomas Mills whose daughter married Ralph Adderley. On Adderly's death in 1868 it passed to his nephew, Ralph Broughton, who leased it to a series of tenants, including J. C. Wedgwood.
Extent2 boxes, 3 volumes
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019