Help with Your Search Results
- Your search results are divided into pages showing summary details of results matching your search request, with 25 results to a page.
- Just above the list of your search results is a reminder of the search you requested.
- The summary details will vary according to the type of material you have searched for - archive items, archive collections, books or museum objects, or in the case of a Quick Search, records of all types.
- To view the full catalogue record click on the blue number to the left of the description.
- To move forward or back through your search results pages click on the links at the foot of the page. If there are more than 10 pages of search results, then the option to move forward or back ten pages at a time will also appear.
- Note re Date and PubDate : PubDate (publication date) is used for printed works at the William Salt Library; Date is used for all other items in the database.
- If you get the message "No records match your search, please enter different search criteria to find the records you require" you should return to the search form you need by clicking on the relevant link at the top of the page.
- Think about why your search may have failed, for example :
- The collection catalogue that you need may not have been added to Gateway to the Past yet.
- Perhaps a synonymous term was used in the catalogue.
- Perhaps your date range wasn't wide enough.
- Staff will be happy to assist you in reviewing your search strategy.